Configurable list of activities

• 4 February 2006
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi, My company is looking at using K2 for streamlining a bunch of inhouse processes. 'Travel Expense Reimbursement' may be 1 of the processes.
My company operates in many countries and the workflow tends to be slightly different in each country. What I want to do is this:

- define an all-inclusive workflow using K2-studio. This workflow will include all the activities destined for all the actors.
- I want to then deploy 1 instance of the workflow (say) for the Germany office, however, in this deployment, I will exclude activity-A & activity-B. Similarly, say, for the Japan office, I will deploy a 2nd instance of the workflow, but, this time, I may want to exclude activity-X & activity-Y.

Is it possible to to have this type flexibility in K2 ?
Thanks in advance.

Sanjay

1 reply

Badge +11
Can definitely be implemented but it will surely complicate the process design.

You will have to manipulate the process flow through process-level variables and Line Rules i.e. if process level variable, country = 'Germany', follow a line from the 'Start' Activity to Activity C.

Obviously, you'll also have to cater for situations where the process level variable - Country, is NOT set at all.

Good Luck,
Ockert