Import values from sql server table

Badge +7

I need to import from a table into sql server the values for a list in SharePoint.

This list should be updated every day at same time.

How can i do this?

I can not find any workflow object that does this.

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Jose,

you can use the "Execute SQL" workflow-action you'll find under "Integration".

200103_pastedImage_1.png

Regarding the Edition Comparison Table, this action is available for Nintex 2007/2010/2013 and can be used in Standard and Enterprise Version. If you do not see this action, make sure its checked under "Allowed Workflow Actions" settings in Site Settings and Central Admin.

For the daily execution create a site workflow which can later be scheduled to run e. g. once a day.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +7

thanks for the answer,

i had try do that.  how do to configurate.

Can you give me an example please

I have this situation:

The field of SQL QUERY  "BaseDescription" corresponds to the field called departament from the list.

regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Jose Fidalgo

I recommend censoring your SQL post a bit, as the PW is shown ...

Moving forward, though..  you would put a variable into the "Store Result In" if the SQL process you are calling has a return item.

For example, in my Execute SQL, the action I call is called "exec spNintex_AddInspection" and then I have a bunch of data I feed it.

It takes that data, and then gives me back the ID of the new inspection it has created.

So your answer is ... it depends! But if you are only trying to PUT data, then you should be okay without one I think..