Unable to select existing task list in settings

• 28 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to create a Nintex workflow in SharePoint 2013. I have an existing task list that I want to use but this task list is not showing up under workflow settings. How do I get my task list to be selectable? I have tried adding the Nintex Workflow Task content type on the list but still no luck.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Did you exit the Workflow builder/designer and go back into it? It doesn't seem to register changes as they're made. Can you post a screenshot?

Badge +1

Yeah, I completely left the designer and came back in. I even created a new sub site with a new workflow and I had the same problem. I have a friend that is able to reproduce the same issue with on-premise Nintex install while the Office365 version allows selecting an existing list. I tried exporting the workflow, modifying the entry for the task list, and importing again and I get the same error, that a list by that name already exists.

207090_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

How did you create mentioned task list?is it native sharepoint task list?

if so, then nintex doesn't recognize such task lists, you have to create one via 'Create new...'

Badge +1

The task list was created as a native SharePoint task list which Nintex has chosen to not support for some reason. Yet if I have a SharePoint 2010 task list it works just fine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I do not have experience with 2010. not sure what/where/why changed.

but that the way how it works in 2013.

did this make clear why do you experience this behaviour?

could the question be closed?