REST Call Serialization Help

• 12 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I am new to K2 so I apologize if my question is simple.

I am trying to perform a REST Call using a K2 SmartObject on a SmartForm. I have to serialize several of the form data points multiple times, and then send it to another system using a REST Call. I am able to successfully perform all these actions using the SmartObject Tester, but I am unsure how to achieve the same results using the SmartForms Actions. I mainly do not understand how to use/store the serialized data from serialization step to serialization step.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. We are running K2 4.7.

Thanks,

Justin

2 replies

Badge +15

You can try adding a data label or text area control to your form, and hide it. Then you can use that control as a intermediary to write and pass values.

Badge +3

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posting. While that make work for one, we have several fields that need serialized at once, and then we need to use all of the fields in the next step. Additionally, there will be a variable number of items each time, and I am concerned we will have a very slow process if we read/write to one field for each of the items.

Do you know if it is possible to call one serialization method from another serialization method?

I welcome any other thoughts or ideas you might have.

Thanks,

Justin