Form issue after NewForm.aspx customization or Replacement

Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue on a Sharepoint 2013 farm with nintex. I have a list on wich the default NewForm.aspx creation form has been previously edited via SharePoint Designer.

On that list, I can't display a Creation form created with Nintex Forms, it's the default NewForm.aspx that is Displayed.

I'm reproduicing this on another Farm doing this operations :

1. List Creation
  2. Form creation via Nintex Forms =>Everything works fine
  3. Via SharePoint Designer, creation of another Creation Form (NewForm2.aspx), set as default creation form
  4. Deletion of the default NewForm.aspx

From this point I can't make the nintex forms appeard I've already tried this operations :

• Republishing the nintex Forms
  • Delettion and re-creation then republishing of a new nintex Forms

Nothing Change, it's the SharePoint item Creation Form (NewForm2.aspx) that is displayed, with the Default style.

From this point, How can I make my nintex Form works?

Thanks in advance.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So the NewForm.aspx is showing even after deletion from that list?

Badge +3

Hum,

I was not clear. It's not the Deleted NewForm.aspx, it the new SharePoint Default creation form that is shown.

I'm editing my post to be more explicit on this point.

Badge +11

Hi Romain,

you should be able to set the default form e. g. via SharePoint Designer (or PowerShell). The Nintex Form will be the regular NewForm.aspx. If you set this one as default form, you should see the nintex form again.

You can set a Form as default in SharePoint-Designer via the button in the ribbon.

Regards

Philipp

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Phillipp is correct that you can edit the forms that are configured to appear based on New, Display, Edit using SPD. I would make sure that no custom forms are configured in this area for this list, then publish the Nintex Form again.

Badge +3

Hi,

This is the point, Creation Forms has been previsouly edited, and since I can't find a way to make Nintex Forms displayed.

I've already tried to create a new default Creation Form via SPD, but event after republishing Nintex Form, it's always the SharePoint Form that is displayed, not the Nintex.

Badge +11

Did you set NewForm-aspx as default form for this list in SharePoint Designer?

Can you please share a screenshot of your list forms in SPD?

Badge +3

Sure,

Here are the Forms (NewForm2.aspx is the Default Creation Form):

183915_pastedImage_0.png

But Even after publishing a new Nintex Form :

183916_pastedImage_1.png

It is the default SharePoint form that is Shown (Censored Customer Details) :

183920_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +11

Did you delete the NewForm.aspx?

If so, create it again, set it as default, modify form with nintex forms, publish it, see if it opens when adding an item.

Badge +3

Hi, Yes like I Said, I've already tried that, but no success.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can we see more information on from the first screen shot? I would like to see everything on the right side of the screen.

Badge +3

Sure, Here is it :

183922_pastedImage_2.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry to ask this, but I see there are no items in the list. Can you export the Nintex From from this list, delete the list, re-create it, then simply import the nintex form back?

Badge +3

That's Right, there is no Items in the list in this screenshot. It's a debug list where I reproduced my customer's issue. My customer has a list with items in it, so I can afford Delete and re-create list .

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok. Does the new form have to be named NewForm2? Just a guess that it matters, but can it be renamed without the number?

Badge +3

Hi.

No, Even with a form named NewForm.aspx I still have this issue.

Lookkin this thread : Published Nintex form not replacing NewForm.aspx , I finally managed to have the Nintex form Working.

This script reset creation form using a Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.IListWebPart WebPart, Whereas SPD seems to use a Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.

Conclusion: NEVER use For Customization via SPD while using Nintex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wow, great find and I bookmarked that post.