workflow to create users AD Account

• 26 November 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement in an onboarding system for Human Resources, where one of the fields in this list is a field to display the new users AD Account name. This list will not be touching the backend Active Directory at all.

The new users AD Account will be generated off of the users First Name and Last Name. Please see t he example below:

1. First Name - John

2. Last Name - Doe

3. AD Account - jdoe

One of the requirements is that the workflow look at t he first name and only keep the first letter of the first name and then concatenate the first letter with the users last name.

I have tried doing this by using a Regular Expression to look at the first name and strip out the first letter.

I need assistance with doing this as it is not working properly and it then has to Concatenate it with the last name.

After the regular expression step I am using a Update Item component to update the specified field called AD Account.

Any insight or instructions on how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Badge +7

Hello Everyone,

I figured this out. In my workflow I added the Build String object. See the screen shot of the Build String action below:

148212_pastedImage_0.png

I figured this out by reading the article at the following link:

http://www.sharepointpub.com/nintex-workflow-user-on-boarding/

Have a look.