jlukins
Scholar

Permissions for forms

Sorry for the newbie question - still trying to wrap my head around Sharepoint and Nintex.

Here is my scenario:

We are using Nintex Forms and Workflow 2013 and our purpose is for it to replace our intranet with online forms etc. For this reason a regular user just need permissions to:

• View forms on site
  • Enter data in forms

I don't want them to ever see anyone else's form data (items?).

I've looked around on these forums and it seems that it can be done with Item Level Permissions. I am aware that this makes things complicated and there is much room for error. As we are going to be dealing with some sensitive data I want to get this right from the start.  I cannot seem to find a permission level for Contribute [but not Read items].

My question is:

What would be the best way to set this up? I assume this is a common scenario?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Permissions for forms

You can set the default view to only show item that belongs to the user.

For sharepoint 2010, its under list settings

Click on the View that you want to amend, you can set the filter to only what was created by the user.

Also, you might also need to remove the option in user permission for them to change view.

0 Kudos
jlukins
Scholar

That looks like exactly what I need. One question - is this just basically hiding access to the data? Are there other ways that users can view the items?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Its only limiting the user's view to what was submitted by him.

You can create multiple views on the list. Eg, default view to restrict user to only view their items, alternate views to show all items.

If there is multiple views created on the list, User will be able to choose.

User's with "Manage Personal Views"  permission will be able to choose the preconfigured views on Sharepoint.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Danz,  Thank you for the post, I believe this is the correct approach.  Nintex Support

0 Kudos