gregr
Apprentice

Re: Parsing Repeater XML

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. This is right after step 1 when I set the variable. And before I encode it in step 2. I pull the XML with "Form Data"

Workflow Messages
TimeEventMessageOutcome
11/8/2017 8:30 AMWorkflow CommentRight after step 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version /><Phone type="System.String">&amp;lt;?xml version=&amp;quot;1.0&amp;quot; encoding=&amp;quot;utf-8&amp;quot;?&amp;gt;&amp;lt;RepeaterData&amp;gt;&amp;lt;Version /&amp;gt;&a 
11/8/2017 8:30 AMWorkflow CommentMLOT_XMLDump:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version /><Phone type="System.String">&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;utf-8&quot;?&gt;&lt;RepeaterData&gt;&lt;Version /&gt;&lt;Items&gt;&lt;Item&gt;&lt;RowID type=&quot;Sys 
11/8/2017 8:30 AMWorkflow Commentafter loop
0 Kudos
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hey Greg,

I'm not sure what that is showing.  What I'd recommend, is that you use a Collection Operation action and get it to do a "Count".  Then log that value.  That will give you an idea of how many items you have in your collection.  If it's empty for whatever reason, that's why it's not going into the For Each loop.

Otherwise, check the For Each and see if you're reusing an Index value or have something configured in it to Stop Processing.  That could also cause the For Each to not enter.

Vadim

0 Kudos
gregr
Apprentice

Jump to solution

Getting there. BTW - still a newbie. But new seems to advance. Does the For Each need to be incremented with the math operation +1? it seems like it is seeing all 3 rows. 

I have 3 items in my XML.

My counts all remain 0 but the For Each appears to loo 3 times.

Date Occurred
Event Type
User ID
Description
Outcome
11/8/2017 9:59 AMCommentCounts: 0
11/8/2017 9:59 AMCommentRight after step 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><RowID type="System.String">1</RowID><BusinessPhone type="System.String">ewrre</BusinessPhone><HomePhone type="System.String">ewrr</HomePhone><Field1 type="Sys
11/8/2017 9:59 AMCommentMLOT_XMLDump:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><RowID type="System.String">1</RowID><BusinessPhone type="System.String">ewrre</BusinessPhone><HomePhone type="System.String">ewrr</HomePhone><Field1 type="System.Str
11/8/2017 9:59 AMCommentHit loop #0 RowID:1
11/8/2017 9:59 AMCommentafter loop

In step one what should I use to get the xml? I have tried Form Data and getting the xml from a connected list. The control is named "Phone". I do not have it listed in my work flow list.

0 Kudos
gregr
Apprentice

Jump to solution

It just was not working for me correctly. But I did find something that helped me sort it out. Not sure what it was exactly. Starting fresh helped. 

Best Practices with Repeating Sections in Nintex Forms | Rightpoint 

Thank you again Vadim, Caroline and Allan. Good stuff.

mallickj
Novice

Jump to solution

Hi Allan I am trying the steps as you explain in your post I am stuck on item 5  may you please elaborate on this step should I insert a query xml action and have the set field with in the for each section? The repeating section is a bit confusing .It would be nice to have an illustrated workflow from start to end with list columns being updated.Most posts I have come across ends with the repeating section data being collected and stored how do I populate the list and have it show in list view.

"Within the “For Each” action, for XML put {WorkflowVariable:MLOT_Item}, for Output 1 set the formula to //TheNameOfTheControlInsideYourRepeatingSection and Store result in (yourNewVariable). Add as many Outputs as you'd like."

0 Kudos