Move document Event challenge

• 4 November 2015
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi Team

I have to move document from one document library to another doc library within same site collection using k2 studio (version 4.6.11)

My destination library is dynamic which is coming from another library within same site collection

however , if i use move document wizard event (under sharePoint 2013 - Document Event) it ask for Destination library as below 

11201i337BC38156A7A720.jpg

Here its asking for Specify Destination

In my case name of document library  coming from from one columns value as it should pick from that place 

Please assit me on this how to handle this

-Manoj

2 replies

Badge +9

Manoj

Since each document library within SharePoint requires its own SmartObject in order to interact with it, you will be unable to choose from different libraries when you run the workflow. More than likely, you will have to hardcod the different values from the input to refer to different libraries. Using these hardcoded values, you will then have different SharePoint events for each library that they will move to.

Ian

Badge +3

Hi Ian 

I am not clear on your solution . Please elaborate once again on this workaround

I feel that we need k2 for visual studio for this , k2 studio has this limitation

Thanks and Regards

Manoj