Mail Event - Root Element Missing

• 1 November 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +6
I have a Mail Event setup to send the final workflow outcome to the originator but everytime the workflow gets to that step I get the following error: Root element is missing.  I've double checked the mail server configuration and all is correct.  Any ideas?

4 replies

Badge +10

Hello,

Sorry you are having issues, can you tell us more about your process, are you using infopath?  What is in the email?

Badge +6

I forgot all about this until I started working on this process again today.  The process includes and InfoPath form but is not related to the mail event.  I basically have a mail event at the end of the process that is supposed to send an email back to the originator and indicate whether the item was approved or declined.  I have the following items set in the mail wizard.

Event Name: Cancellation Notification
Recipient: Originator (checked)
Subject: Cancelled
Importance: High
Message Format: HTML
Message Body: Cancelled
No attachments

Badge +2

Hey jthrasher,

Were you able to resolve this problem?  I saw this exact error message and fixed it by just re-running the event wizard (in my case it was a SP Site and Workspaces event) and redeploying the process definition.

Let me know if that helps, or you have already fixed this,

Mark Geisler

Badge

I had a simular issue. 

When I removed the Mail Event, the Process still had the same error, though for some reason the line connecting that Event with the following Event disappeared when I viewed the Flow. Which pointed to me that it is a bug and not my error!

I fixed the issue by Restarting Visual Studio. 

Hope that helps.