Assign admin rights on K2 server

• 5 August 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I've installed and configured K2 on my box and it was working fine.

After that I ran some code using K2 API to add users to the server without the need to open the workspace always.

But unfortunately I did not run this code using the service account, which erased already exists server users and only added the newly created user.

With this the service account user configrued during K2 installation also got deleted.

When I try to open the K2 workspace to add him (the service user) manually it throws the following exception.

Error: Could not load the grid: Failed to return Security Data Table: User K2:DomainNameUserName does not have Administrator rights.

Kindly someone tell me what I need to do so that the service account gets admin rights on the server.

Any changes in the database will do or do I need to re-configure the K2?

After I re-configure K2, do I again need to re-configure the custom notification events or not needed.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi

Try logging in to workspace with the “newly created user” and remove the user under the workflow server---server rights. If there is no user in workflow server---server rights it seems that any one that logs in to workspace can add users. Let me know if this helps.

Vernon

Badge +9

While direct database edits are not technically supported, there is an easy unsupported data edit here if you desire.  If you're interested:

1. Stop the K2 Host Server (to make sure there is no activity in K2)

2. Backup the database K2Server

3. Add the record to the table _ServerUser setting Admin = True for the service account.  (before inserting the record, take a look at the records that are already in there so you can see the format... specifically the pre-pending 'K2' label before the domainusername).