Just upgrade Nintex workflow and forms latest n greatest...user is reporting error that says a Stored Procedure is missing or cannot be found...

• 1 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

So last week we updated our Workflow and Forms to the latest versions and I am now having a user report that they are seeing the below error.

Server unable to process request --> Could not find stored procedure "NM_DeleteFormByWorkflowBaseID".

Now my first thought is that the Nintex DB needs to be updated.  After the install, I did update it in Central Administration in SharePoint.  But when I go to the "DataBase Setup" page in CA, I do not see the "Upgrade Necessary" or whatever the text is next to the DataBase version or config db.

Do I need to do a server reboot to get things to talk straight?

My current DB version is 2.0.3.0.

Should I re-run the install?

2 replies

Badge +2

SO I re-ran the install for Workflow.... Install went really fast (like it really did not have anything or much to update) and everything look fine ...except that I did not have an option to upgrade the DB.

Tested my workflow, and I got the same error.

Poked around trying to find out what the deal was...went back to the Nintex DB page and I WAS no able to upgrade the DB.

I was thinking Awesome!... upgraded the DB.... I still get the error sad.png

Badge +1

Really old Post, but had the issue last week. We were upgrading from Nintex 2013 to Nintex 2016. It should be the same solution if migrating to 2019 or SPSE.

If you get this message after trying to publish in your new environment:

Server unable to process request --> Could not find stored procedure "NM_DeleteFormByWorkflowBaseID".

Chances are that during the FORMS database configuration, the specified configuration database was the Workflow one, NOT the Forms one. Nintex support helped me by going to central admin and writing this URL on the browser:

http://YOUR_CENTRAL_ADMIN/_admin/NintexForms/ProvisionDatabase.aspx

Now specify the FORMS database you attached to the new SQL Server. In my case, the specified database was wrong and pointed to the workflow configuration database. That is why it could not find the stored procedures.

After that, upgrade your database and make sure to restart the server. Now its working fine.