customizing inbox

Badge +3

Hi everyone

Is it possible to customizing inbox ? I mean, I want some tasks that I set in workflow has a specific color at inbox.

Regards

Amir

12 replies

Badge +11

Hi Amir,

are you talking about the inbox of your mail client (e. g. outlook)? This is something that should be customized directly inside your mail client not within SharePoint or Nintex.

For outlook you can have a look here: Automatically change incoming message colors and fonts based on sender, subject, or recipients - Office Support 

For other mail clients you should have a look at the respective documentation.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Hi Philip

Thanks for your quick reply

No, I mean nintex workflow inbox(webpart) 

Regards

Amir

Badge +11

So you mean the "My Workflow Tasks" webpart?

Easiest way to customize this webpart is to place another CEWP or Script-Webpart on your side and use JS/Jquery/CSS to style the content of your webpart. If you need to perform this on mutliple sides, a delegate control injecting js/css would be a possibility.

Unfortunately there are no such designing options out of the box.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Thanks

Yes, I mean "my workflow tasks"

Do you know about any way to set flags for tasks automatically by using workflow actions?

Badge +11

You can create another Workflow on your Task-List that should be executed when a new item is added. Use this workflow for checking the properties of the task and set flags (properties/columns) as you need it.

Badge +3

Thank you Philip

I'm new to nintex! could you explain more about this solution >?

with this solution can I add flags like this picture?

Regards

Amir

Badge +11

Hi Amir,

I will try to explain a bit more what I was thinking of:

• Go to your Workflow-Tasks list and create a new workflow for this list.
  • Configure it to run when a new item is added (via workflow settings)
  • Inside that workflow you need to check your current item (the task-item the workflow will be running on when a new task is added) depending on what criteria you have chosen for your tasks
  • To add your "flags" I recommend to use a Hyperlink-Column on your task list which is configured to be displayed as a picture. That makes it easy to simply set the respective url for your new task item from within your workflow

If you want to check your tasks regularly (like daily) and not only once when the task is added, you can create a site workflow instead of a list workflow and schedule that site workflow to run every day for all tasks of your task list (or every hour if its necessary).

However, I'm quite sure you can't display this custom picture inside the "My Workflow Tasks" webpart by default. You may need to create your own by using e. g. a content search webpart. Or simply use a list view from your tasks list. You can configure a list view to show only items for the current user by using a filter on a column and the value "[Me]" to check for the currently logged in user.

Let us know if you need further help!

Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Thanks Philip

Unfortunately I can't have enough resource for running search service, So currently I can't use content search webpart.

Do you know any way that I make another "my workflow tasks" for specific workflows ?

Regards

Amir

Badge +11

You are using your SharePoint without a search service? Are you using any other search experience? How are your users supposed to find documents/data in SharePoint?

If you can't use content search webpart you can try to use the list webpart. As workflows normally only write tasks to one specific task list, this should be enough for you. Open your page in edit mode, add a webpart and chose your workflow tasks lists listview webpart. Afterwards you can change the view to show whatever columns you want to.

Another way would be to create your own custom webpart via visual studio as this gives you full flexibility on creating your webpart but of course requires more effort and knowledge.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Hi Philip

Sorry for late answer

Our system based on workflows and doesn't need search, maybe we'll activate this service later.

I think adding listview webpart is best solution for my work. I'll try it.

Thanks for your great help

Regards

Amir

Badge +3

Hi again

Is it possible to show some specific task in another "my workflow tasks" or "custom list view" ?

Regards

Amir

Badge +11

Hi Amir,

when using the "My Workflow Tasks" webpart, you can only use the usual webpart properties. Not much to filter for some specific task I think.

When using a list view webpart you can use regular list view filter possibilities. You will find references for that all over the internet. For example you can use "[Me]" inside a filter configuration to show only items that are assigned to or created by the current user.

Depending on your actual requirement, a search webpart could offer the functionality you are looking for. You could use/configure a search webpart to show only items of a certain content type (e. g. workflow tasks) and provide additional filters to only show the tasks you want. Or even add a refinement webpart for that search webpart so users can filter tasks themselves (e. g. show only tasks with a certain task status).

If you have a more specific requirement, we could maybe provide a better approach.

Regards

Philipp