Solved

Hiding multiple controls on a view

• 26 July 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi,

In certain scenarios, I want to hide multiple contols on a view. Is there a rule to hide multiple controls in one rule? Right now, I am using 'Hide a Control' rule on view. So I have to use 'Hide a Control' rule multiple times to hide multiple controls, and later on I am showing them in different scenarios.  

Is there a way to hide/ show multiple controls altogether? 

icon

Best answer by YP 26 July 2017, 22:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello Msharma,

There is no rule to hide all controls. I know, it is a very cumbersome task to configure a rule for each control every time to hide multiple controls. There are 2 ways which will make your life easy.

First, If I want to hide controls in particular section of form I always add table control and then add all of those controls in that table. You can hide that entire table instead of hiding each control separately.

Secondly, if you could not place all controls on the table in that section and you want to hide some of the controls on the form, you could use the Unbound rule. This way you need to write a rule to hide each control at a time and reuse that unbound rule every time you want to hide that set of controls. You can create Unbound rule without selecting an action and reuse that rule multiple time

Hope this will help you.

Thank you for your response. It worked!.