Building a deletion form

• 21 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi all, 

Hoping you can help. I am building a form which will be able to connect to lists in sharepoint and delete items and i need some guidance

I would like to have the QASelect field to list the library names and connect.

I need the QA ID field to pull the column 'Activity ID' from within the specified 'QASelect' list.

After this i would like for the save button to be used to delete the item from sharepoint. 

How would i go about acheiving this?

Thanks all! :)  

6224i85978FCD9518FE23.png

4 replies

Badge +12

@Adz127 .....well if your user already know that item which they want to delete is in which library and what's the activity ID then why can't they simply go to that list or library and delete it from there?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
You would have to have a workflow run after the form was submitted and take the information entered and go delete the item.
Badge +1
If only this was a solution, There are a few reasons why this cannot be done like this :(
Badge +12

@Adz127 ....If you can share your concerns that why it cannot be done then we can try to propose some alternatives. What you're trying to do using form cannot be done (you might need some JavaScript) using OOB options. Below are the reasons:

1. You cannot call web service on the form to get the list of all the lists and libraries
  2. You cannot use dynamic parameters in lookup control