Calculating a due date when i have \lag days\" - Workflow Question"

Badge +8

I have a list to where I have a workflow setup to once a review is completed, transfer the completed data to a archive list then go back to the main list and reset the review fields to blank and reset the due date to the following day. My question is rather simple but I also wanted to get feedback on if there is a way to take these lag days into consideration. More of a learning question for that one. Below is my primary question to this one.

I am trying to add 1 day to the current due date. But this
date can be different for every line item. My workflow is messing up (not
really messing up, but adding too many days to due date) when I clear items and
reset for next day because I have a “lag day” for each line item that can range
from 1 to 3 days. So I am telling to just add1 day to whatever the due date
column says when it runs at night. Is this right?

Cassy Freeman

185915_pastedImage_0.png

185916_pastedImage_1.png

185917_pastedImage_2.png

185918_pastedImage_3.png

185919_pastedImage_4.png

185920_pastedImage_5.png

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi Josh Shutts,

Once you query the list, run the actions within For-Each loop. For each ID that you have queried, get the  corresponding due date in a variable, add 1 day and then update the item within that loop. I think the problem you are facing is due the fact that you are using collection variable in Date calculation instead of individual date of that item. The collection starts from '0' index and i'm not sure if it is mapping correctly to your item when updating. hope that helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I did a slight cheat for this.

I created a spreadsheet that used the WORKDAYS formula, and that allows you to create a range of "holiday" dates as well, intended for National holidays but could serve the same purpose for you perhaps. Then you use the Query Excel Services action to pass in the start date, the number of days you want to calculate and then the action will give you an output. This will cover weekends and the lag days you specify.

Hope this helps.

Badge +8

Hi Ryan

Can you give me screenshot of your excel file? Thanks for responding!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps. Whether it's the right way to do it is up to others, but certainly it's the easier way to do it.

Let me know if it's useful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello Josh Shutts​ -

Were you able to get this working using what Ryan Greenaway​ proposed?

Be sure to make it as answered so others can quickly find what you did to resolve the problem!