gregr
Apprentice

Re: Failed to run User Defined Action. Value '' is not compatible with the selected output variable type Number (double)

Thank you Mark.

I am still new to this. I am not sure how I would do #1 but #2 might be easy enough.

Is it possible to use the "Run If" and check the index value? It fails on the first step and only if no value is selected. This is why I added the extra text field with a value. It works but it feels like a cheat. So if a "Run If" is a possible solution how would it check it?

Do I add the UDA twice. If is fails skip to the next action or continue?

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Apprentice

Re: Failed to run User Defined Action. Value '' is not compatible with the selected output variable type Number (double)

Yes you could use a RunIf or a "Set a condition" action. It all depends on where you are calling the UDA from. Looking at this UDA detail, the repeating section needs to fully satisfy the the requirements and then the UDA will create all the items in the secondary list. I suspect if the data is not complete, the error occurs, so you will need to think through what you do with those circumstances. That is why I would suggest putting a validation rule or rules against the individual required fields in the repeating section, thus ensuring that all data is there before the form is submitted.

There will be plenty of hits on the search to show how to apply validation rules to your form controls.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
gregr
Apprentice

In future builds I will try work this in. In the mean time I found a post from whahoo (Create Parent/Child items using this Nintex forms/workflow with this trick ) that seems to be working without adding my test field to the repeating section. I will not know 100% until I get down my list. Thank you for this. 

I have about 30 repeating sections, all different and not all contain results(they will be null) to parse. A few contain close to 30 columns. I need to meet my dead line. 

It be awesome to find a work flow that would create the child list with columns for me. So many variables to sift through.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
gregr
Apprentice

Well.. I am on a new form and this is happening again. I am on my first of about 10 repeating sections.

The repeating section defaults to blank since that will be the default. It has 3 check boxes (one with fill in), 1 text field set as a date field and 1 field set as a comment field. Some will be empty since there is no data. 

I read some where to use a collection and a for loop but do not know where I saw it. Anyone know where I can find the add records to a child list with a for loop and a collection? I found a few but they seem just a little to complex for just adding records to a child list.

Thanks.

0 Kudos