Notifications before due date of a document

Badge +6

Team,

Scenario: Workflow starts when the end user requests a new ID card. The ID Card has a due date, which is specified on a date field before sending the ID Card to the user. Finally, with the confirmation of the user, the workflow reaches its end. After that, he should receive an email notification 30 days before the due date.

I have some question about it: 

- can K2 send email notification although the workflow has reached its end?

- should the workflow stay on stand by (instead of ending) for the notifications to work?

I would appreciate any advice on solving this problem.

Thanks,

Will.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I believe once a workflow process instance is "Completed"; no further action will be executed.  What you can perhaps do is implement a Start Rule on the activity that would send the final email; this can be set to 30 days:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/current/webframe.html#b2.2_reference_-_activity_start_rule.html

The workflow will remain active until that 30 days is reached and the email event executed; then it will end.

Badge +6

And is this a common approach? Because there will be hundreds of active workflows until the due date.

I also found that K2 can create tasks on Outlook, maybe I can create a Calendar instead.

Badge +6

Anyone? is this a frequent approach?