Using IPC event to trigger another workflow

• 17 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi All

I have never used an IPC event so would appreciate a detailed explanation of how to use it but what I am trying to do is trigger Process B from an outcome of process A. If for example, the form used in Process A is approved - I want to trigger process B. I have configured the IPC event and it seems to go past but now telling me the subprocess is unavailable? I've attached a snapshot. Can anyone help as to what is happening?

Thank you

Mevan

16477i1CFD69663C77DE92.jpg

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Tryin to figure out wt might have went wrong ,

i have 3 things i want to point out when using IPC event and hope they help u find the solution ,

First off , create a process inside ur solution as the following ,

-IPCProcess is which i use for my IPC Event ,

-RejectionProcess is the one i use for main process.

14424i23BA298CE567EA2D.png

AhmadYaqub

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Another thing to check and perhaps test is:

Does the K2 Service Account have Start Rights on the child process? 

Badge +2

Hi Both

I have done both the above already. It seems to do the IPC event but get stuck as the sub-process is unvailable. So I am not thinking that the configuration at the START of the next process is incorrect? I am using a data field to transfer the mapping... and within the wizard for the START for the next process - I have mapped the data to that field to bring it into the form.

Could it be the process is not initializing because nothing is being saved to the smart object?

Badge +2

hi,

If you pass the data into the child process and this data is evaluated in the IPC event , that could be the problem if the data is empty or anything that is not expected by the method.

Also check the permissions to start the child process, you may also want to change Authentication Mode to 'Impersonate Originator'. 

Well, the last thing, if you typed the name of the child process manually doublecheck that you typed it correctly. It should include the project name as well, like ProjectNameProcessName