Generate Smart Objects?

• 19 January 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
So you get all these Service objects built and deployed, more or less in an automated fashion. Now to use them, you have to create smart objects in k2 projects. Has anybody got ideas of how to at least start the project in an automated fashion? I mean if you know you will take Service Object 1 and all its methods, and expose the input and output parameters, couldn't you generate all or most of the smart object by reflecting on the service object, or the underlying assembly? Or am I missing the obvious in how to do this on a large scale?

2 replies

Badge +11

You can do exactly that with a tool called SmartObject Service Tester.  You can find it here on underground at

http://www.k2underground.com/k2/ProjectHome.aspx?ProjectID=47

Or if you are using release 807 it is included under program filesk2 blackpearlservice brokerin

In the tool, drill down to your service instance, then right-click and choose "Create SmartObject".  You can deploy it right from the tool or export it as a .sodx file for use in Visual Studio.

I use this tool every day for many things.  It will be well worth your time to check it out!

Badge +3

Ah phooey, that was the tool I was using to see how the dynamic assembly service created service objects! I will look for that menu choice and go from there.

Thanks