Copy workflow-form information from \Workflow tasks\" list to list to which the workflow is attached to"

• 14 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi nintex gurus!

I have a user that needs the following functionality in a workflow:

- the forms have to be editable even after the information is submitted (i.e. I have to use "Save" instead of "Save and submit")

- The information entered in the form should show up in sharepoint whenever the form is updated

I have a workflow with several forms in it, but the problem is that the information entered in the forms gets saved to the "workflow tasks" list, instead of the original list. So I'm setting up a second workflow in the "Workflow tasks" list, but I'm unsure which columns to use in order to link back to the original list.

Do you know which fields/IDs nintex uses in order to link items between these 2 lists? Which actions and queries would you guys use? All brainstorming welcome happy.png

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi Rafeal,

There is difference between "Save" instead of "Save and submit". In both the cases the the form will be submitted and it cannot be editable.

The difference is When u hit SAVE , the data is just saved in the list or Library.

But in the other case SAVE & SUBMIT  , the workflows associated with the list or Library will be triggered. In the former (SAVE) WF will not be triggered.

Badge +1

Yes, I'm aware of that

Badge +1

I want the forms to still be editable as long as the workflow hasn't ended, saving to the original list (not the workflow tasks list!) whenever the form is updated

Badge +6

You can give redirection to the editform.aspx ,  so as to open the same form again in editable mode. 

Meaning , once save button is clicked the form data will be saved in the list library . Now use javascript and redirect your page to the editpage.aspx of the last item.

You url will be :"https://sharepoint.com/sitename/listname/editform.aspx?ID=<lasttema'sID>"

For further clarification , please see this : How can we redirect to another URL after submitting a form in a SharePoint Online List?  

Regards 

Bashya Rajan A

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

duplicate to this question ?