Not possible to have servername in string table?

• 16 April 2005
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
I tried to configure my sharepoint process to use the string table for servername (in the dialog for "Enter sharepoint folder event information") but that resulted in the following error in the eventlog:

Error from web service :
Server was unable to process request. --> An exception has occurred. Unable to connect to the K2.net Server: [{K2.StringTable("ServerName")}]
Unable to connect to server [{K2.StringTable("ServerName")}] on port 5252
gethostbyname failed: 11004

Does this mean that I can use the string tables for some props, but not all? This will force me to manually update the process on deployment.

1 reply

Badge +2
The first problem I see is here:

icon-quote.gifMadsNissen:

Error from web service :
Server was unable to process request. --> An exception has occurred. Unable to connect to the K2.net Server: [{K2.StringTable("ServerName")}]
Unable to connect to server [{K2.StringTable("ServerName")}] on port 5252
gethostbyname failed: 11004

This states that it's not looking for the Sharepoint server, but the k2 server. make sure you have the string table entry in the right place for the right server.

Additionally, you won't be able to use a string table name for in a wizard, since a string table is run-time, and the wizards are design-time. It needs a literal name there in order to access the server and bring back more info.

pj