Solved

Enable version history on workflow

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I’m trying to get access to the version history of a workflow after seeing on Nintex documentation site (View workflow versions (nintex.com)), however, my workflow designer doesn’t have a Version History button, which shows that it’s been disabled, so was wondering how I’d go about getting this re-enabled.

Please note that I am working with an on-premis version of Nintex workflow.

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 8 January 2024, 03:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @DonnaA,

The help files you have linked to are for Nintex Automation Cloud and not Nintex for SharePoint.
Here is the correct link for 2019 on-prtemise.

Nintex does not have workflow versioning but you can use SharePoints functionality.

In the List/ Library settings page, you should see the option Workflow Settings, click on it. This page will show you any workflows that are associated with this list or library. Click on Remove, Block or Restore a Workflow to see the previous versions.

Badge +4

Thanks, the help documentation that I was looking at was what came up when I clicked Help in the ribbon on the workflow designer.  Not sure why it was showing Automation Cloud then.

I did speak to a colleague and they showed me the same location as you, although it only had the last 10 versions, is there a way of extending this to more versions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @DonnaA,

As workflow versioning is SharePoint functionality, you may need to ask Microsoft your follow-up questions.