Question

Unable to send out workflow notification ExchangeOnline

• 31 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi @all

I have noticed since a few days that we can not send emails from our test system. Since when exactly it no longer works I can unfortunately not say, the system (version 5.6) is not used daily.
I get the following message:
"72999628", "2023-07-31 10:40:49", "Error", "MessageBus", "61012", "ConnectionError", "ExchangeWebServicesOrigin", "61012 Exception from message source username@domain.com: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The primary SMTP address must be specified when referencing a mailbox.
The account has an MS license, has a mailbox and can access it.

I have already checked the settings in "ConnectionStringEditor.exe" and compared them with the working systems. The settings are identical.

However, when I run Setup.exe and want to reconfigure, I can only select the installation with the "Recover" option. No other option is active.

Do you have a tip here where to look?

Best regards
Stefan

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Can you try to run the Configuration Analysis tool? That might allow setup to find and fix the issue

Badge +3

Hi @tbyrne777 

Yes, I can run the configuration analysis, but no errors are reported for Exchange, or the message "Unable to validate Excahnge autodiscovery for the given email: "domainuser@domain.com"

So I can't get any further.

Best regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If everything appears to be configured identically to a working system, perhaps there is some exchange security that is blocking that particular server/service account from accessing it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

If you run the K2\Host Server\Bin\ConnectionStringEditor.exe, how does that look?

If you edit the K2\Host Server\Bin\K2HostServer.exe.config file and search for ‘self’ how does that look?

Are you configured for Oauth for Exchange Online as per?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

@stef1981 Could you please give more feedback to TinTex?