Question

Tasklist for scheduled tasks

• 15 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I'm trying to figure out how to build K2 task list application for scheduled tasks. The idea was to create task list (SmartBox SmartObject) where users can create an item as task, with all meta data, responsible persons, deadlines etc. needed for this task and configure schedule for this task to be fired, for example every Monday. So every Monday there will be started Workflow instance for this task.

Basically custom scheduler.

My idea was to use K2 Management schedule functionality. For example to create a schedule instance of workflow for every task in my app, so this schedule will kick off when needed by task configuration and start corresponding task of my K2 app. Unfortunately I can not find this K2 workflow scheduler Form and re use it in my project.

Maybe someone have better idea how to build such applicaiton?

1 reply

Badge +8

Hello @arnis , there are many ways to achieve this but one way would be to build your own Schedule a Task Form and then have a workflow which waits for the Scheduled date and time before assigning the task. Once the Task is completed, the workflow calculates the next schedule date and loops back.

Something like this: