Solved

Run if - SharePoint list starts workflow, Nintex form does not

• 15 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

My workflow works so long as the SharePoint list conditions are met, see screenshot below. When I produce the same SharePoint List starting conditions from a Nintex Form, the workflow doesn’t start.

I tried this, but it did not work:

Nintex Workflow – Workflow Not Starting/Triggering when the Item Created by Another Workflow - SharePoint Pals

I read this but the solutions weren’t clear. The digital 0 and 1 conditions so the flow doesn’t re-start is unecessary in my case:

Start a Workflow from a Nintex Form | Community

icon

Best answer by NotSure 17 August 2023, 20:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @NotSure,

If you add an item via the SharePoint interface and the workflow starts, this means that the Nintex conditions are working.

If you add a pause action as the first action in the workflow does it trigger then?

Badge +4

@SimonMuntz 

How do I move “Pause for” into the first action?

“Run if” is fixed to the first position and I can’t get it to shift to the second position.

Badge +4

@SimonMuntz 

The additon of Pause for did not resolve the issue. The information from the Nintex form makes its way into the SharePoint list but the two true conditions still do not start the flow.

Badge +4

Solved: in Workflow Settings I had to changed “Start when items are created” from “No” to “Yes” to reflect Nintex Form creating the SharePoint List item.