Question

Register Environment, Success: False

• 1 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

After the first installation, I decided to configure “IIS” and run the configuration again to select “bindings” there. But the error "Register Environment, Success: False" appeared

I have attached installation logs, RSD logs and logs from Windows, please help

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: SourceCode.Configuration.Api.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61954b73
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.348, time stamp: 0xd620e319
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000039149
Faulting process id: 0xa88
Faulting application start time: 0x01da3ca46df7cf9d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\K2\SourceCode.Configuration.Api\SourceCode.Configuration.Api.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 8b78fd61-1023-4582-886d-b6ecf40fdc1d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: SourceCode.Configuration.Api.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.121.56705
.NET Version: 6.0.1
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException: Certificate not found: CN=k2.kmg.kz (CN=K2 On Premise Root, O=K2) in LocalMachine/My
   at SourceCode.Extensions.Certificate.CertificateStore.LoadFromStore(String subject, String issuer, StoreName storeName, StoreLocation storeLocation, Boolean allowInvalid, Boolean findBySubjectName)
   at SourceCode.Extensions.Certificate.CertificateLoader.LoadAsync(CertificateInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Caching.Memory.CacheExtensions.GetOrCreateAsync[TItem](IMemoryCache cache, Object key, Func`2 factory)
   at SourceCode.Extensions.Certificate.CertificateLoader.LoadCertificateAsync(CertificateInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at SourceCode.Extensions.Certificate.Kestrel.KestrelServerOptionsSetup.ConfigureHttpsConnectionAdapterOptions(HttpsConnectionAdapterOptions httpsConnectionAdapter)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.KestrelConfigurationLoader.Reload()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.KestrelConfigurationLoader.Load()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.BindAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.StartAsync[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.Run(IHost host)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.WebApplication.Run(String url)
   at SourceCode.Configuration.Api.Program.Main(String[] args)

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, from the entries in the InstallerTrace file it looks like the K2 Configuration Service was not running at the time, it is listening on port 5560 and the log says 

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.123.13.78:5560

The service generates its own log, you can find it in the subdirectory where its exe is, and you might find some other trace there.

Badge +2

Hi, from the entries in the InstallerTrace file it looks like the K2 Configuration Service was not running at the time, it is listening on port 5560 and the log says 

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.123.13.78:5560

The service generates its own log, you can find it in the subdirectory where its exe is, and you might find some other trace there.

Hello! I attached Configuration Log file

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The log file shows that the K2 Configuration Service service has stopped, but unfortunately the error message doesn't tell me anything that I know from my previous experience. If you don't want to play with it, perhaps uninstall, clean the server of remnants, and reinstall K2, then it's probably best to submit a ticket to Nintex support.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi galabertstein,

It sounds like the environment owner cert (internal K2 cert) is out of synced when flipping the binding for K2 site in IIS, K2 Configuration Service needs that to complete the setup. Maybe you can try the following steps

---Backup the database first---

1. Navigate to K2 setup folder and run the the CertificateManager.exe under K2 service account.
  2. Try V (Validate micro certificates) option to check the cert and look for any errors.
  3. If there is an error in step 2, then you can try option I (Import micro certificates from database) or R (repair micro certificates).