Question

Process End step doesn't have validation

• 5 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +13

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2five/userguide/5.4/Content/K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Logic/End/End.htm

Need process to raise exception if workitem is completing prematurely due to no finding a valid route line but yet reached an End step.

In previous designer this can be handled by putting a flag logic in Process Completion Event.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You could still do similar flag logic, just in a decision activity just before the end step. I’m not certain that will fully address what you are looking for - do you have decisions that could result in no output, and therefore end the workflow?

Badge +13

If the result didn’t match any of the conditions defined in the decision routes what happens to the workitem?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If the result didn’t match any of the conditions defined in the decision routes what happens to the workitem?

It will just disappear, but it isn’t an error as far as K2 is concerned. I wasn’t aware of a way to handle this scenario in the past other than treat it as a bug and make sure all possible conditions have a route

Badge +13

With the old designer I used Process Completion Event to catch this scenario.

Before the completion stage, set a ProcessCompleted Datafield to Y.

In Process Completion Event if this flag is not Y then raise exception (send it to an Error stage), so that workitem is not prematurely completed in silent.