Question

Oracle service smartobject error

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am currently using oracle database to connect to K2 using a oracle service instance and it works fine.

I am now  trying to create a new service instance for new oracle database, which resides on same server same port but getting errors while running smart object for this new database instance.

Error is : Severity: Error Error Message: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly. InnerException Message:

In application log i see error : Exception The exception is: ServiceObject definition does not contain method.  ServiceObject : [PODS_SERIES_MV7].  Method : [List]
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters, Boolean[] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
   at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.GetSmartObject(Guid guid)
   at SourceCode.Endpoint.Server.DynamicServiceRest.CreateDynamicService(String pathName, Dictionary`2 systemIDs, Boolean staticSmartObject, RestBindingTypes restBindingType, String restBindingConfiguration, String specialCharacterReplacement)

I have K2 version 5.5 and oracle version of 12c

Please help.

Thanks,

Prakriti

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@PrakritiJain

It looks like there is an issue describing this [PODS_SERIES_MV7] object in your oracle instance.  What is this object?  A table, view, stored procedure, function, package?

Do you need to create a SmartObject from this item?

If not, you can try surfacing just the objects that you need by setting some of the service keys “Get Packages, Get Functions, Get Procedures, Get Tables, Get Views” to “false” (if you don’t need them) or perhaps using “true” but with the ‘Packages List, Functions Lists, Tables Lists, Views Lists, Procedure Lists” specified to return just the objects that you plan on using.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintexautomation/userguide/5.7/Content/ServiceBrokers/Oracle/Oracle.htm

If you do need this  [PODS_SERIES_MV7] object, then I would recommend logging a Support Case.

Badge +1

Thanks for replying ,

PODS_SERIES_MV7 is a materialized view in oracle database.

I have currently set Get Packages, Get Functions, Get Procedures, Get Tables, Get Views to true , as my old database is also set in similar manner and there i am able to query these MV’s . 

Also if i try to call any table from new oracle database similar errors comes up or screen shows never ending loading symbol.

Also there is no ORA error found and columns are retrieved in my smart object but executing list method gives errors.

Thanks,

Prakriti

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I see, does this mean that you are passing the step of registering of the service instance, but see this error upon SmartObject execution instead?

Badge +1

That’s correct.. Smartobject doesn't work fine.