Solved

Multiple time edit for a SmartForm

• 12 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, I'm new to K2 and I'd like to know if it's possible to modify a form after it's been submitted and how I can do it?

I haven't figured out how to do this, so I've created a workflow that starts when form "X" is submitted, which will assign a task to the request creator, asking him to complete the smartform "X" and then validate the task,
but I can't manage to retrieve the information he submits and assign it to my form field.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? 

icon

Best answer by Deon 12 December 2023, 22:26

View original

1 reply

Badge +8

Hello @Antoine Kuntz , the pattern that we follow mostly is the following:

• Store the request data in a database (SQL) table.
  • If you have access to SQL and create a SQL Service Instance, create an Advanced SmartObject (recommended), otherwise create a SmartBox SmartObject.
  • Create an Item View and rules to save (Create Method on SMO) the data when the user submits the request. The output of the Create method is the new record ID. In your Workflow, have a RequestID Process Data Field which you populate when starting the Workflow. This View is used in your Submit Request Form.
  • Create an Item View and rules to open a Request, use a view parameter reqID to do a Read method on the SMO. This View is used in your Task Form.
  • The Task form must have a Parameter called SN which is the Task Serial Number. Use this to open the Worklist Item and Retrieve the Request ID and populate the Task Action drop-down. Pass the Request Id to the View Parameter in for example the View Initialize rule.
  • Wire up the submit button to complete the Worklist item using the SN parameter and the Task Action drop-down.

On which version of K2 are you working?