Question

Migrating the K2 package from on-prem SharePoint to SharePoint Online

• 29 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I'd like to transfer the solution. I have a K2 package (5.7) created using P&D where there are artifacts from on-prem SharePoint (smartobjects, views, forms, workflows) and I would like to deploy it to another K2 (5.7) that is integrated with SharePoint Online. In the target SharePoint Online site, an identical list is created with the same columns.
Then when deploying in P&D, I want to map to the target list in SharePoint Online, there is a link "Confirm this site", which when I click on it, the target site opens in the browser, and I don't understand how to confirm it so I can then go ahead and select and confirm the list, which is greyed out for now.

Can someone please give me some advice? Is it possible to migrate a solution from a K2 environment integrated with on-prem SharePoint to another K2 environment integrated with SharePoint Online?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Just to confirm:

1. Have you deployed and activated the K2 app to this SharePoint site collection?
  2. If you go to the list/library that your solution uses, are you able to launch the ‘K2 Application’ link?
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes, the target site collection in SharePoint Online has K2 app deployed and activated.
I have also created two basic SmartObject in that target list. From K2 Management I can call methods such as Create List Item or Get List Items to that list and it responds as expected.

But today the P&D behavior is a bit different, that collection is already selectable, but I have "Unsuitable item" above the target list.

I found an article Resolving SharePoint Mismatches when Deploying but it's not clear yet how I can solve this. Do you have any advice for me?