Question

Custom email event within Task

• 5 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +13

https://help.nintex.com/en-us/k2five/userguide/5.6/Content/K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/Task/TaskTabs/04TaskNotification/Task-Notification-Tab.htm

How do I set up a custom email address for the Task?

e.g. Destination has an AD group that contains 10 users and I want to send a custom email with the Serial Number to a different email Dlist (which might have a subset of users to be notified)?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Instead of using the default task notification, drag in an email event into the activity that contains your task. Make sure it appears above your task, and you will then have access to context of the task while also being able to change the recipients, subject, body, etc.

Badge +13

Thanks, I tried your step.  On the right side Context Browser I don’t see anything that provided the gray “Worklist Item Link”.

If I copy/paste the gray “Worklist Item Link” field from Task’s custom email body it pasted into the Email event (placed above Task).  Not sure if that’s what you mean.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You should be able to get to the serial number from the context browser and use that to build up the necessary URL

Badge +13

In Context Browser, “Serial Number” field under Task is only available in the Task event.

“Serial Number” is not available under the Email Event in the Multi-Step placed before Task Event.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It can be found under the “Step” section

Badge +13

In my STEP I do not see that “Serial Number” field.   Just the first 5 fields.

In the Form, I have ‘Custom’  Form Type.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Interesting. If it is a SmartObject event, the Serial Number appears there but not for any other (I use SmartObjects to send notifications). Sorry for the misleading info, I’m not sure why the sn isn’t available all the time in this scenario.

Badge +13

I guess SmO is the only way.   

It calls SmO once per receipient?

If recipient is an AD group there is no [Email address], but can use [FQN] to determine what dlist to send to the group.

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It does indeed call the SmO once per recipient