Displaying Repeating Section Data in List Views, The Easy Way!

Show first post

66 replies

No problem .. Glad it worked for you

Badge +5

very nice post

anyone tried to export the list with Nintex column to excel?

Nintex column that you created is empty when i export the list to excel.

any idea why? Ayman El-Hattab

Hi Ibrahim,

Yes, this is not supported.

Badge +3

Hi

This post is very useful, But I'm new in Nintex, I don't know how to use this field  because after deploy I can't find any new feature and I can't see this Nintex repeating section, after that I want to know value of this field can crawl with SharePoint search and can I use this field in content hub?

Thank you

Naeemeh

Hi Naeemeh,

You don't need to activate a feature .. Once you deploy the WSP, you should find a new field type called "Nintex Repeating Section Data" in the column creation pages.

Indexing is not supported at this stage but will be added in later versions of the solution.

Thanks

Hi Ibrahim,

Unfortunately, the solution is only available for SharePoint on-prem. If there is enough demand, I will create something for Office 365.

Badge +3

Hi El-Hattab

I deployed this solution after Installed but this field didn't add to my column how can I do?

Thanx

Hi Naeemeh,

How did you deploy the solution?

Badge +3

Hi El-Hattab

Yes I deploy it But after I remove this solution this field became appear, I can use it but I removed that solution for testing, I don't know why this happened appear on my server.

Thanx

Badge +7

Hi,

I have not yet tried this (not allowed to install the wsp yet) but it seems pretty nice.

One question: I need to have a view that presents the data in a way that is "Export to Excel" friendly. How would I go about doing such a thing?

Regards

Leif

Badge +5

hi Leif,

this solution does not support export to excel,

if add the column to the list view and export it to excel, it will appear as blank.

if you don't have a complex form, check this blog Repeated Section to Plain Text

Badge +5

Ran into an issue where I"m not seeing the option to activate on the site collection.

I have it deployed globally to all sites:

Capture.PNG

But I'm not seeing it as an option to activate on the site collection level. I retracted and deployed again and it is still not showing up. Have you came across this? SP Foundation 2013.

Hi Leif,

SharePoint Custom Field Types are not supported in the Excel View unfortunately.

Hi Michael,

You don't have to activate any features for a custom field type. Once the WSP is deployed, you can create columns based on the new custom field type (Nintex Repeating Section Data).

Badge +4

This is a great solution...especially the .wsp file. IF I can get my enterprise SharePoint support to apply it to the farm/Central admin., is this field available for insertion into a Nintex workflow notification action email template?

Badge +2

This worked great for One of my list however when I attempted to perform the same on another list it fails to display the table. Have you had this error before?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Same things happens to me. Simple repeating table with a few fields and my list column is completely empty after a new form is submitted.

Same situation for me as well.

Badge +6

Hi Ayman El-Hattab​ I have noticed that your solution has stopped working. One of the lists I use it on no longer shows the tables. I just removed the wsp file then redployed it, did an iis reset, created a new list and still nothing shows up. I updated my licence a few weeks ago - would that affect it?

Thanks

Andrew

Badge +4

Nice, user friendly!

Badge +7

I deploy the wsp file but  column does not appear

Badge +7
Sorry, I already had to restart IIS
Badge

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue - did anyone work out how to resolve? (Willy Noviandy Jeffrey Oliver  ) Thanks!

Badge +2

Excuse me, I followed the instruction and it's show like this how can I fix it?

repeating section data in list view has problem.

Thanks.

Badge +4

This is a nice solution , but I'm getting below heading without space (fig 1) despite I've configured both text-box values to 'First Name' and 'Last Name' respectively (fig 2,3 & 4).  Can you please suggest workaround?  

fig 1 (View)

fig 2

fig 3

fig 4