Solved

Update SharePoint cloumn data

Badge +5

Hello,

I created SharePoint document  library and & I have a columns for (age,title,name ,….) and create Smart object from this document but  I cannot update this column values (age , title , name ,...) when using update document properties from workflow or ( update document metadata by id  as smart object )

how i can update value on this columns. please check the below images .

icon

Best answer by TinTex 17 May 2023, 21:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

My apologies, but this is not apparent from the screenshots:

1. Is the issue here such that you are not able to find these columns (age,title,name ,….) in the Input Mappings section when calling the Correspondence > ‘update document metadata by id’ method?
  2. If the columns were added after you generate the SmartObject, you will want to go back into the K2 Application and initiate the ‘Regenerate only SmartObject’ (or similar prompt) again before these columns would show up in the workflow designer.

3. Another thing that can happen is if the Document Library have Content Types enabled; as content type can have different columns.  The ‘update document metadata by id’ method is usually for the ‘Document’ default content type.  If you have another content type such as ‘Video’, then the method would be ‘Update Video Document Metadata By ID’

4. Or is there error/issue when you workflow executes?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @Akhanjer 
Have you solved your question? 

Badge +5

hi @TinTex  

please check the image , and every column SharePoint type (number ,text,...) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello,

Can I confirm what is the issue again?

I am not able to replicate.

I have SharePoint Library with similar columns:

The SmartObject and Workflow was generated.

I added the SmartObject to the Workflow and can add those columns in input mapping (did have to scroll down a little bit):

I can map those field and when the Workflow runs, the fields are updated in SharePoint.

Badge +5

@TinTex  thank you it is appear after enable content type