Solved

Attachments not saved in SharePoint

Badge +4

I have a K2 form that includes a section where users must add an attachment.

There is a rule on the Save button on my form that saves the form data to SharePoint.

There is an attachments column in my SharePoint list, which is where I expect the attachment to be. But, as you can see there is nothing there. 

I thought that I had just missed part of the configuration but when I go into my rule for “than on AP Manual Payment SmartObject, execute its Create List Item method”….the Attachments column is not in the list of inputs. 

Is there a different place where I should be configuring this? What do I need to do to get the attachments to save in SharePoint.

icon

Best answer by TinTex 12 May 2023, 17:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

For a SharePoint List, usually 2 SmartObjects are generated.  One that allows you to create the list item, and one that allows you to add attachments to that list item.

You will usually need to call the create list item first, then return the ID of the list item that is created.

Then call the Attachments SmartObjects, passing it the ID of the list item so that it can attach the file(s) to the correct list item.

To understand how this work, what you can do is create a new list; use the ootb functionality to generate the SmartObject as well as forms, then inspect the form to see how that attachment functionality is implemented.

Badge +4

Yep, I eventually figured that out and got it to work.