Solved

Drawloop - Section replication inside another repeating section?

• 6 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to have a Rich Text Control section replication element nested inside another section replication element in a Drawloop Template.

I have been able to have repeating sections that use row replication inside them successfully, but I cannot reproduce the same or similar results using section replication inside of another section.

Please see the following screenshots for an example of what I mean.
Screenshot 1 contains
 1a) The first "PartyOwners" is a rich text control configured for section replication. Inside the rich text control is a singular table row, and the data is configured to repeat by row. You can see in screenshot 2 that this works as expected, and repeats the outer sections, and repeats the rows inside each section (child data)

1b) The second "PartyOwners" section is a rich text control configured for section replication. Inside the rich text control is another rich text control, and the for the control is configured to repeat by section. You can see in screenshot 2 that this DOES NOT work as expected, and the inner section does not repeat. Rather it displays one single child item from the data.

Screenshot 2 is the output. The top page is desired (using sections with table rows inside), the bottom page is incorrect (using section with section inside). We want to use sections because they are easier for users to edit.

Screenshot 3 is top level package configuration just to show relationship names and row vs section replication

26017iA01477EBF2DB0F71.png26018i62038453E88353C3.png

26019iA6043A09DB42DAB6.png

icon

Best answer by Brent_Doc 7 September 2022, 21:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @jwCbank 

Section inside of a Section replication is not currently supported. The only ones we currently support are the below:

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgensf/DeliveryStorage/Relationships.htm

Depending on your full usecase and desired format. It may require Section Table or Apex Data.