I have this WebRequest xml. Everything is correct, and it works for our company 99% of the time. I only just discovered this today. When we run UpdateListItems the workflow erros with a soap exception. Tracking what causes it the 1 percent of the time it was the character '&'.
1. We cannot prevent all our users from inputting an & in EVERY text field.
2. We cannot put regex expressions before EVERY UpdateListItems WebRequest for every variable,(replacing '&' with 'And') we think that is too much overhead, and some of these updatelistitems use 10-15 Fields to update.
3. Additionally, overhead for converting the '&' to the html entity is also too much overhead
4. We will not use the Nintex OOB 'WebService', it has too many of it's own problems.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Batch OnError="Continue" ListVersion="1" ViewName="">
<Method ID="1" Cmd="New">
So some obvious questions are...
1. Are their other processes that would work? We would prefer something soap related. The nintex oob have come with migration issues, don't work across farms / site collections(maybe)/ and don't meet various standards for easy implementations.
2. Is there a way we can make nintex send the literal values? or prevent either API's from evaluating the '&'?
The Soap Exception:
Error performing web request.
<soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.</faultstring>