Ok, new to Nintex workflows (< 1hour) and already hit my first bump. I'm probably missing something, but there a way to convert a list column / field of type Multiple lines of text to a string? I have a sharepoint list with a multiline field (we'll call it text1) that sometimes is populated with a long text block. This obviously does not display well when the list is viewed. I would like to take a substring (say first 100 characters of text1) and populate a second field (text1_brief - single line of text) with it.
I tried substring and mid, both returned errors (type mismatch)
- The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.
What am i missing?
Also, is there a language reference somewhere? just looking for simple stuff:
- Can + be used for string concatenation or is it strictly math?
- do offsets start at zero (0) or one (1) e.g., starting character parameter in mid (yes, I could use process of elimination, but you get the point)
- are combination operators available += | =+, etc.
- is assignment (=) different than comparison (==), is there a strict comparison (===)
Thanks and sorry for if I missed something obvious, still trying to find my footing on this site.