AnsweredAssumed Answered

At "Assign a Task" I need to add a few custom fields so the tasks can be grouped/filtered etc.  I was hoping I could add meta-data field(s) to the task list as a part of creating the task.  Is that possible?

Question asked by dpoggi on Dec 3, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 by andrewg@intellinet.com

In Office 365, for "Assign a Task" I need to add a few custom fields so the tasks can be grouped/filtered etc.  I was hoping I could add meta-data field(s) to the task list as a part of creating the task.  However, Assign a Task seems to ignore custom fields.  I'm hoping there is a clean way to do this but am looking for other options if not...

• Set custom / meta-data fields at task creation as requested above.  Seems ideal, but is this possible?
  • Create a custom page / web part that links the Task list to the original document library, including the meta-data from the document library.(Don't know how to do this yet but it seems like it should be possible.  Any help?) 
  • Add my meta-data field to the front of the Task "Description" field and then pull it back out as a calculated column in the view.  (Seems possible but I'd like to get multiple meta-data fields so I'm not sure it'll work. Any thoughts?)

TIA for any feedback...

- Dave

Outcomes