AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems using Web Service to create subfolders in a list

Question asked by sheilaff on Nov 25, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 by sheilaff

I am attempting to use a Web Service call to create subfolders in a list.  I was using the "Create item" action but that no longer works - there are too many items in the list to create a folder ("Failed to query list data. The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator.").

I have a similar workflow that creates the top level folder in the list, and that works fine.  When I tried the same mechanism to create the subfolder, that is where the difficulty comes in.

The XML that I am passing to the Web Service action is the same that I used to create a top level folder, the only difference is the value in the SterilizerTestResURL variable.

<Batch PreCalc='TRUE' OnError='Continue' RootFolder="{WorkflowVariable:SterilizerTestResURL}">

<Method ID='1' Cmd='New'>

<Field Name='ID'>New</Field>

<Field Name='FSObjType'>1</Field>

<Field Name='Title'>{WorkflowVariable:FolderName}</Field>

<Field Name='BaseName'>{WorkflowVariable:FolderName}</Field>

</Method>

</Batch>

I have checked and the workflow is replacing the variables with the correct values.  An example of the URL is "https://share.usask.ca/go/dentistrytest/sterilizer/Lists/SterilizerTestRes/Another" where SterilizerTestRes is the list name and Another is the folder name.

The Web Service action setup is:

WebService.PNG

The SterilizerListName variable contains the Display Name of the list, BatchXML the XML stated above.  Error handling is enabled.  The results are that Output is blank and the error text generated is:

Error returned from server: soap:ServerException of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

If any body has any hints for what is going wrong, please do let me know.  We are running version 3.1.2.0.

Sheila

Outcomes