document properties not being updated with new values.
for the Process:
- Upload a document in SP 2013 Document Library with
Managed Metadata Columns.
- Use a Nintex Workflow to Read Managed Metadata and
standard column values from a list using an ID and apply metadata properties to
the uploaded document.
- The workflow executes on Item Update.
- The Document gets uploaded and the correct Metadata and
Other column values are applied by the workflow.
- Download the document and save it with a different name.
- The document contains the Metadata column values as
- We now upload the Document with a different name and a New
- The same workflow is now executed to update the Managed
Metadata and standard column values using the New ID.
- The workflow executes without errors and log entries are
This is where we face the issue.
Nintex workflow executes
correctly without any error. However the old properties do not get updated with
the new metadata properties!!!
Condition for the Workflow to fire: Workflows runs on item
(document ) update
- Check out the current item(document). We log the existing
“Current Item” property values to the log history.
- Update the metadata properties using List Lookup based on
- Check in the current item(document). We log the “Current
Item” new property values to the log history.