AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parsing repeating section data

Question asked by csrameneni on Nov 13, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 by mlauer

Hi Dev folks,

I have a query with repeating section and I hope you can provide me some answers.

Data my repeating section generates:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><TypeofWork type="System.String">Follow Up</TypeofWork><TimeTaken type="System.Double">12</TimeTaken></Item><Item><TypeofWork type="System.String">Transferred</TypeofWork><TimeTaken type="System.Double">12</TimeTaken></Item><Item><TypeofWork type="System.String">Meeting</TypeofWork><TimeTaken type="System.Double">12</TimeTaken></Item><Item><TypeofWork type="System.String">Follow Up</TypeofWork><TimeTaken type="System.Double">12</TimeTaken></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

Using some XML code, I'm displaying the data in tabular format. Now, my requirement is to add the numbers for a certain Type of Work. For ex.: there are two rows of data that contains Follow up as the Type of work along with the Time Taken for each status. Is it possible(either using code or workflow) to gather/add/group the time taken information based on the Type of Work? If the Type of work = Follow Up then the output should be 24

I'm really new to this workflows and code, so I really appreciate if someone could simplify the process for me.

Thank you.

Outcomes