AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linking 2 Workflows

Question asked by kwichniewicz on Nov 5, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 by eharris04

I am trying to create workflow that would essentially link two separate lists together.

List A – pulls all the groups in AD with their sAMAccount and its description.

We need to pull in all the groups in AD because not everyone making a request is going to know what group to request which is why we have the description field.

List B – will have all the requests relating to the List A groups

We would like users to be able to search List A and select the group which would either redirect them to List B Create an Item with the group selection field populated with the item they selected from List A.

Or create a workflow within List A that would have a request data action to fill in the required information for List B’s form and use the create item action in List A’s workflow. The issue I’m running into is when I assign the request data action to everyone it would require everyone to complete the action before the workflow will continue. I’ve also tried a review action item or flexi task and selected the option “First response applies” in thinking it would take the first response to close the task but it still requires everyone to response. Is there another way to do this?

Outcomes