AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error sending email to Person or Group field that allows multiple selections

Question asked by tb_cs on Oct 7, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 by tposzytek

I've got multiple workflows that are configured to send an email to people in a Person or Group field that allows multiple selections.  When each workflow gets to this step it is suspended with the below error.  It seems to be throwing the error even if just one person is selected. For now I'm going to see if I can work around that by using different fields. 

By the way, there seems to be an issue with submitting support cases for o365 tenants. The License Key is not a required field, though if I leave it blank I get an error that the License Key field is invalid.  If I enter my Tenant ID in the license key field it also says the License Key is invalid.  I tried using IE and Firefox, but could not submit the form either way.

Error Message:

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidCastException: The value 'd/results(0)/BDS_x002f_CSMId' cannot be read as type 'String'. at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.CheckedRead(String propertyName, DynamicItem value) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<String> Sequence DynamicActivity<String> DynamicActivity<String> BuildCollection<String> DynamicActivity<Collection<String>>

Outcomes