AnsweredAssumed Answered

Empty cascading dropdown in case of duplicate

Question asked by nathanas on Sep 29, 2015

Hi everyone,

I have succeeded to create a serie of cascading dropdowns as described in this article Three-Tier Cascading Drop Downs: Do Go Chasing Waterfalls!  Unfortunatly some associations left an empty dropdown in the last field. I have narrowed down the issue and it seems to be linked to duplicate associations.

I have three lists: Service (6 services), System (70 systems and their corresponding service) and Equipment (800 equipements and their corresponding system). I have a Nintex form with cascading dropdown fields for Service, System and Equipment.

Some systems have two or more corresponding services. For instance System1 is under Service1 and Service2 in the System list. When I chose Service1 in the form, System1 is available and then all the Equipments linked to System1 are available in the last dropdown. But if I chose Service2 in the form, System1 is available in the next dropdown but the Equipement dropdown stays empty.

Have you already encountered this kind of issue? Any idea how to tackle this without rebuilding the lists?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Outcomes