I created a site WF to send status reports as an HTML table. I'm stuck because it seems like the date type variable cannot be null/empty.
My workflow has to loop through the items in the list and right them on the email/table.
- I'm able to query the list and get results
- Everything works well if all the date columns have data in it.
Seems' like I can't use collection operations (get) in an empty column either if the column doesn't have any date. It works if I have at least one item in the column date has data.
Every effort to work around if date is empty fails with different errors or results.
- Variable with "blank" adds a 1/1/0001 date to the variable - I need this to be blank if there's not date.
- Collection operations with get, or clear in a For Each loop gives me an error: "Data type returned from the collection is incompatible with the variable to store the result in."
- I tried a Run if, Set a Condition and a state machine if count of items in the column is zero or field is empty
- Also tried to compare if results = 1/1/0001 then set a variable to blank ...
Nothing seems to work on date null/empty/blank.
I'm not able to add a Filter action into the WF, it just doesn't do add.
Has anyone have experienced this issue? Have a workaround? Solution? Suggestion?
p.s. on WF 2013.