AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculated field based on checked boxes

Question asked by robync@marconet.com on Jul 21, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 by robync@marconet.com

So I have a SharePoint calculated list field already which adds up how many of the three Yes/No checkbox fields are checked using the formula:

=SUM(Opportunity+0,[Decision Maker]+0,[Willing to Engage]+0)

This works great when the column is displayed in a list view, but I wanted this list field & its value to also display on the Nintex form.  However, when I try to add the calculated list field to the form, there is no option to display a calculated field type from the list onto the Nintex form.  If there is a way to do this please let me know and that will solve my issue.

In the absence of that option, I've now tried to add a Nintex calculation control to my form to do the same calculation AND display on the form.  Now my problem is I can't get the field to dynamically recalculate when the fields are toggled on/off while in the edit mode.  It DOES recalculate when I save the form & reopen, but not when I'm in the form editing.  I have all of the Nintex form calculated field settings set to Recalculate on all form types.

Here's my formula...any thoughts on how to trigger the calculated field to recalculate when I toggle the checkboxes?

=If(Opportunity == 1, 1, 0)+If(Decision Maker == 1, 1, 0)+If(Willing to Engage == 1, 1, 0)

rating1.png

Outcomes