Just wondering if anyone has done anything like this before. The scenario I have is:
- User enters data into a repeater field of a form
- Each item in the repeater field would become a task item for other users
- The WF cannot continue until all the tasks have been completed.
The solution I have come up with is:
- Main WF looks up the main list
- Creates entries for each repeater item into a secondary list - one of the fields is a reference to the item ID of the main form in the main list
- Main WF kicks off secondary WF in the secondary list to run on each item (secondary WF = approval WF for each item)
- Main WF goes into sleep until all the tasks from the secondary list are completed
The only thing I can think of is to have a tertiary WF that goes in to periodically check if the tasks associated with a particular item ID (referring to the main form ID).
Is there another solution that I can use?