AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nintex Forms Repeater XML Format

Question asked by krishantl on Jun 18, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 by seid

Hi

I am having some troubles trying to parse the XML data from a Nintex form repeater field (storing it in a list multitext plaintext field). Here is what the XML output from the field looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><SystemID type="System.String">1</SystemID><SystemName type="System.String">Salesforce</SystemName><SystemAccessStatus type="System.String">Pending</SystemAccessStatus><SystemAccessDateActioned type="System.String"></SystemAccessDateActioned></Item><Item><SystemID type="System.String">2</SystemID><SystemName type="System.String">SharePoint</SystemName><SystemAccessStatus type="System.String">Pending</SystemAccessStatus><SystemAccessDateActioned type="System.String"></SystemAccessDateActioned></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

I am not sure why, but the version close tag is coming after the RepeaterData open tag and I believe this is why my XPATH query is not working:

/RepeaterData/Items/Item[SystemName={WorkflowVariable:UAR_SystemName}]/SystemAccessStatus

I basically need to update the SystemAccessStatus field (which is text field in the repeater on the form) with a value. It is currently not being updated.

I also need to update the SystemAccessDateActioned field as well with the date value from the task completed date:

/RepeaterData/Items/Item[SystemName={WorkflowVariable:UAR_SystemName}]/SystemAccessDateActioned

However, I believe neither of those XPATH queries would work as the XML output from the form itself is incorrect. Can someone please verify this?

Outcomes