AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filtered Lookup based on lookup field selection

Question asked by nandalal.ramphal on Jun 18, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 by ccs-itapplications@conciergecs.com

Hi guys

I have the following challenge. I have list from which the user selects a value from column A, based on that value I need to populate two other fields on the form with values from column B and C based on the selection made from column A.

I have tried using three look controls,

lkColA: does a souce list lookup and presents the required choices, I then use a calculated field strColA to parse the lookup value to have choice as str.

lkColB: does the same source list lookup and attempts to filter on the value in the in strColA and return a single filtered value from the item selected

lkColC: does the same source list lookup and attempts to filter on the value in the in strColA and return a single filtered value from the item selected

lkColA and strColA work fine, but the other two lookups do not filter on strColA.

The only way it works is if I hard code the choices for lkColA then filter lkColB and lkColC on the value selected on lkColA.

This is not a real solution as the choices in lkColA will change and i would have to keep updating the choices manually.

Clearly I am missing something

Frustrated

Outcomes